What we Believe
We believe that God loves us and wants us all to be His children and part of His Kingdom. Our faith is based on the Gospel as found in the Bible:
- The one and only God, who is holy, made us in His image to know Him (Genesis. 1:26-28).
- But we sinned and cut ourselves off from Him (Genesis 3; Romans 3:23).
- In His great love, God sent His only son Jesus to come as King and rescue His people from sin (Psalm 2; Luke 1:67-79).
- Jesus established his Kingdom by acting as both a mediating priest and a priestly sacrifice: He lived a perfect life and died on the cross in our place, taking on the punishment for our sins (Mark 10:45; John 1:14; Hebrews 7:26; Romans 3:21-26, 5:12-21). After three days, Jesus rose again from the dead, showing that God accepted His sacrifice and that God’s wrath against us had been exhausted (Acts 2:24; Romans 4:25).
- God now calls us to repent of our sins. If we repent and put our trust in Him, He will forgive us of our sins, and we will be born again and receive the gift of eternal life with Him (Acts 17:30; John 1:12, 3:16).
We believe that anyone who believes the Gospel and has accepted Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour is a child of God.